Tuesday, June 11, 2013

They're like the Vinyls of the 90's

Recently, I posted a picture on Instagram of the cover of the new Paramore album, "Paramore," with the caption "I still buy CDs because I'm paranoid that iTunes will crash one day and I'll lose all my music." And it's true. I like the physicality of a CD and the insurance it brings. Plus, back in the day, I had a pretty impressive CD collection, and some habits die hard. I started out only buying CDs in which I liked the artist and wanted the whole album. That's still the case, but I'm beginning to branch out and change my conditions for purchasing CDs. If I like the majority of the songs on the album, and wish to buy it, I'll buy the physical copy. Also, somewhere in the back of my mind is the want to show my future kids my music collection, the same way my parents so proudly present to me their records from high school. You just can't get that kind of sentimentality with a $1.29 digital copy of a song. 


No comments:

Post a Comment