Sunday, June 2, 2013

Speaking of Summer...

Clearly, I've spent waayyyy too much time on the Internet today, because I have yet another thing to tell you about that I found via the interwebs. It's a band called The Summer Set. I've liked them ever since I heard their songs "Punch Drunk Love" and "Chelsea" on Pandora maybe 2 years ago. They've released 2 albums since that first one I heard, ("Love Like This",) and each one was better than the last. Their most recent album, "Legendary" is amazing, in its entirety. I absolutely adore every single song, and that rarely happens. I think the last album in which I loved every single song was "Electra Heart" by Marina and the Diamonds. Those kinds of albums, along with those kinds of artists, are a dime a dozen.



"Legendary" is packed with catchy rhythms, poetic lyrics that are constantly stuck in my head, (I had the chorus of "Boomerang" on replay in my head for days,) and overall, it's an album that shows the utter growth of a band that truly loves and cares for what they do.



Not only do they care for and put immense effort into the music they make, they also truly care about their fans. So much so, in fact, that they started a program called Half Moon Kids. Half Moon Kids is a program in which The Summer Set help kids "follow their dreams, overcome their fears, and be the best version of themselves they can be." Basically, the band seeks out kids and empowers them, gives them confidence, and provides amazing opportunities. I feel like, for a band to take that kind of time and show their fans that they can meet their goals or overcome their fears, is such a great display of a group of people that really want to give back to their fans in ways that no one has ever done before. By doing this, they've deepened my respect for them not just as a band, but as really good people in general. Because of this, I will be a fan of The Summer Set for a very, very long time. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment