Sunday, June 2, 2013

Paying for Public School

Just to give you a more complete mental picture of myself, I'll let you know that I'm in high school. Of course, I'm not going to tell you which high school, or where, or what grade I'm in, but at least now you know. It will help this post make a lot more sense.

So, at my school, people have a lot of problems with the way things are run. It's a public school, but they tell us how to take our notes, how to use our electronics, what classes to take, how to spend our study period, etc. Most of those things are greatly overlooked, though, after the shock wears off after the first month of freshman year. But there are some things that just can't be ignored. Like the fact that the school nurse CHARGES GIRLS FOR PADS AND TAMPONS. The first time you need one, it's a warning, but after that, it's $0.50 for tampons and I think $1.00 for pads. 

In my humble opinion, that is the most fascist thing I've ever witnessed, let alone the fact that it happens in a public high school. Not to brag or anything, because God knows I couldn't care less, but my school district has a lot of money. So why the hell do they have to charge us for everything? Right down to freaking pads and tampons! What's next? Charging for lockers? It just shows how ill-prioritized the school board and superintendent are, because while we have enough to buy Promethean boards for EVERY. SINGLE. CLASSROOM. We don't have enough to buy better textbooks, hire better teachers, or give students what they medically need, (i.e.- PADS AND TAMPONS.) I mean, really. Does the chorus room, gym, and art room really need a Promethean board? 



No comments:

Post a Comment