Sunday, June 2, 2013

Makes Me Cry Every Time

I was just browsing through YouTube and I started watching clips from this past season of The X-Factor USA (which I loved, btw.) I found the tribute video they did on one of the final episodes of the season for the Sandy Hook victims. I remember watching it when it aired on TV and how my mother started to cry watching it. I didn't really understand why, though I knew it was sad and that the whole event in itself was a tragedy. But after a while of letting the whole event at Sandy Hook sink it, it now makes me cry every time I think about all of the little kids and innocent teachers that will never experience things as simple as the sun after a rainstorm, or bad reality TV, ever again. So I rewatched the clip of the tribute and it made me cry. Honest-to-goodness, I cried. My throat was all choked up and my vision was blurry, but I watched the entire thing through, and now I want to share it with you. Because even though the shooting and this episode happened back in December, I think it's important that we never forget what happened, and we should never let the memories of those people fade, or something like that could happen again.


No comments:

Post a Comment