Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bucket List for the Ages

So, right now I'm listening to the song "Vegas" by Sara Bareilles and it's reminding me of my bucket list, and all the things I want to do with my life. And I'm not just talking about typical stuff like graduating high school, going to college, getting married, and having kids. Those things are important, and sure, I want to do them. But by no means are they extraordinary things to accomplish, at least in this day and age.

I want to do things that scare me, that make me think, and wonder. Emma Watson once said, "Sometimes, we need to be amazed." And I completely believe her. 

Because I intend to use this blog a lot more than I used my other blogs, I want a record of my bucket list that I can refer back to and tell you all about as I do these things. I want to accomplish things and go places, and I want to look back on my life when I'm a grandmother and be able to tell my children and grandchildren that life is about making the most of all the scary, amazing moments, and that I'm proud to say that I made the absolute most of my life. 

So anyway, here's my bucket list.

   Witness the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights)


   Ride the London Eye


   See a whale shark in real life


   Visit the Hagia Sophia


   Take a picture every day of my first pregnancy to track growth


   Bike through Times Square at midnight


   Walk Hollywood Boulevard ("Star Sidewalk")


   Participate in a Color Run


   Shake hands with a famous person (preferably President Obama, or John/Hank Green)


   Write and Publish at least one book, even if it sucks


   Kiss in the rain


   Visit a Native American campsite


   See a Broadway musical


   Ride an elephant


   Go to the Sundance Film Festival


   Go to Coachella


   Ride to the top of the Eiffel Tower


   Try on a Vera Wang wedding gown


   Visit Saint Basil's Cathedral in Moscow's Red Square

No comments:

Post a Comment