Friday, August 2, 2013

The Woes of a Working Girl

Seeing as it's the summer, and I'm a teenager, what better way to spend my time than by getting a job! **she said sarcastically.** Initially, I was kind of into it, especially at the prospect of being paid. But unfortunately, I started working two different jobs working for each of my parents. And each job was a temp job, basically shuffling, filing, and destapling papers. I'm pretty much finished with all there is to do at my mom's office, but there is a CRAP TON of papers to take staples out of at my dad's office. It's a job that pays well, but I can't help resenting it, because it's long hours filled with monotonous, static scenery, and no one my own age, (obviously, because I'm the only teen stupid enough to take not one, but TWO office jobs for a summer job.) This post isn't much more than a rant, of sorts, but I just had to get that out there. Maybe tomorrow or sometime this week I'll post something actually worth reading. ;) 

P.S. - Don't think I didn't at least TRY to get another job; I applied to Banana Republic, like, a month ago tomorrow, and they haven't gotten back to me. My friend works there, and he told me they take three to four weeks to reply to applicants, but I have a very strong feeling that I won't be getting that job. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment