Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Mother and Her Aversion to Concerts

Alright, well, let me start off this post by saying that I will NOT be going to the Backstreet Boys concert I mentioned in an earlier post. The reason being my mother was supposed to be the one to take my sister and I, as she doesn't want me driving to the venue alone, and she decided TODAY that she didn't want to go. From the way she kept delaying getting the tickets, I had a feeling that she didn't really want to go from the start, but I kept reminding her to get the tickets anyway, even offering to pay for them. The only thing she would  have to do is drive us, and my dad offered to drop us off and pick us up if we wanted, so she wouldn't even have to do that. And yet, she still bailed. She really disappointed me in this way because we made plans to go to this concert a month ago, and she was excited to go. Or so I thought. I wish she had just told me upfront that she didn't want to go instead of leading me on for weeks and dropping the bomb at the last minute. And the worst part is that this isn't the first time she's flaked on me like this. We were supposed to go to a concert for my birthday, and never did. I know I sound like a spoiled kid who throws a fit whenever she doesn't get what she wants, but I promise you, it's not that. We made plans to go to a concert, (as we have many times before,) and nearly every time those plans fall through. I know my mom doesn't always like live music, especially if it goes late because she likes to go to bed early, but she knows it's important to me, and she gave me her word. Not being able to go to the concert is disappointing, but it's even more upsetting that my mom lead me on like this. I still love her, of course, but she disappointed me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment